Buying From Ottershaw Cacti – Terms & Conditions
All items are sold subject to availability and supplied to the UK and EU only. For orders outside the UK requiring any phytosanitary certificates please contact us directly via the website. [email protected]
We aim to despatch within 2-3 working days from the receipt of the paid order. We reserve the right to delay despatch of orders placed over Bank Holidays, during show weeks and during spells of colder weather. The description of the goods, the price, and delivery costs are set out on the order page. We will confirm acceptance of your order on screen.
We aim to supply all our customers with strong healthy plants. There may be variation in size between different plants, this is inevitable with a living product. All our photographs and information on the website are for purposes of guidance only. While we make every effort to publish photos, which truly represent the plant, colour will not always be 100% true.We have shown pictures of the plants at different life stages ie as a 6cm / 9cm plant and where possible as a mature plant and the plant in flower for guidance only.
We recommend posting first class, and currently use Royal Mail to carry all our plants.
Face to face sales at shows or directly from the nursery can either be in cash or by credit card processed by Sum Up. Please see Sum Up website for their T&C’s. All transactions will be verbalised and you will have the opportunity to visually check the total before tapping your agreement on the payment terminal. A receipt is available upon request.
Tax & Prices
Ottershaw Cacti is not currently registered for VAT and all prices are quoted in Pounds Sterling.
Credit Card Payment & Security
We use Stripe for processing all payments. You do not need to have a Stripe account to use this service, just a credit or debit card.
This statement aims to help you understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it. Ottershaw Cacti is the data controller of your personal data.
Ottershaw Cacti is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will comply with the applicable data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about you, such as your name, your telephone number and email address,
- Information that is provided by filling in forms on our sites and via our telephone interviews.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- Details of your visits to our site and emails received including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
We will not share your information with any third party unless required to do so by law. Please contact us if you would like any data permanently deleted.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Allow you to more easily find previously viewed content when you return
- You can refuse to accept all or some cookies by modifying settings within your browser.
- For guidance on how to do this visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/. However, if you block the session cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
Under the EU laws of Distance Selling you are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 7 working days for a full refund, including the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email and quoting your order number. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so we recommend fully insuring the items during postage.All goods returned should be in the same saleable condition as when they left us. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault – for example, if goods are damaged on arrival – you will be eligible for a full refund or replacement and return postage will be our cost. When returning plants please package them as best you can in the original packaging to ensure they arrive as intended.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time in the future.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms will be governed by the jurisdiction of the U.K. courts and any disputes will be resolved exclusively by the English courts.
Please email us on [email protected] or write to us at Ottershaw Cacti, 78 Bousley Rise, Ottershaw. KT16 0LB UK.